For most of us, Thanksgiving is usually synonymous with traveling. From cramped planes to never-ending traffic jams, holiday travel can be a real pain. Throw in wrinkled clothes, unexpected stains, and TSA travel regulations, and you’re bound to have a travel headache. Don’t let travel pains ruin your Thanksgiving holiday. Check out these tips from your friends at Roux Maison to ease the stress of holiday travels.
One of the most annoying parts of traveling is figuring out what to pack. We feel like we have to prepare for anything: Is it going to rain? Is it going to snow? What if it’s unseasonably warm? Do I need to be dressy or casual? All of these questions plague our minds as we stand in our closets lamenting the woes of packing for holiday parties. Then once we’ve carefully selected each day’s outfits, the real problem arises: How do we pack without everything turning into a wrinkled mess? Don’t worry, we’ve got some tips for you:
- Pack smart. Make sure your suitcase isn’t too full or too empty. When clothes are too cramped or too loose, they are much more likely to wrinkle.
- Roll, don’t fold. Rolling helps keep your clothes smooth and prevents those awkward creases when you get ready to wear your outfits.
- If you have a hanging bag, use it.
- Place tissue paper or plastic dry cleaner’s bags between each layer of clothing in your suitcase for extra protection against wrinkles.
- Put your sleepwear at the top of your suitcase so you don’t run the risk of messing everything up when rummaging for your PJs.
- If your clothes do wrinkle in your suitcase but you don’t have access to an iron, hang them on a hanger on the back of the door while you shower. The steam will loosen the wrinkles and you clothes will look fresh and wrinkle-free!
Unexpected stains are inevitable, especially on a plane where you don’t have control over the movement of the plane or other passengers. From turbulence to restless passengers, there’s no limit to what could make you spill your drink or drop your pen on yourself just minutes before you’re supposed to arrive. Luckily, Roux Maison Stain Remover is always ready to tackle your unexpected stains. With our 1 oz. travel size bottles, you don’t have to worry about TSA regulations for your carry-on. Just toss a bottle of Stain Remover in your bag and you’ll be ready for anything. For most stains, all you need to do is just rub a drop of stain remover on the stain, flush with water, and let dry naturally! Don’t get worked up about a surprise stain–just quickly treat it with our convenient travel size Stain Remover.
If you’re staying at a friend’s or relative’s house, don’t forget to bring a hospitality gift! All of our travel size detergents and stain removers come in packs of three, so load up on every scent and make a nice gift basket out of them! Your host will have a pile of laundry when you leave and will love the thoughtfulness of such a useful gift. They’ll love you even more for bringing the expertise, quality and care of Roux Maison to their laundry.
Holiday travels don’t have to give you a headache. With these helpful tips, you’ll be stain and wrinkle free, and ready to give thanks with all of your family and friends!